Wednesday, February 25, 2009

M.I.C.E. in the dumps....maybe not!!

I just received a quick report on the recently complete M.I.C.E. tradeshow AIME 2009. Inspite of the global economic downturn, visitor numbers to AIME rose by 9.6% (based on unaudited total audience figures). The number of companies exhibiting rose by 5.5%. The event attracted a total of 3,548 trade visitors including 467 hosted buyers. The figures augur well for the industry and perhaps are an indication that business in general continues to recognise the importance of M.I.C.E. events and how such events provide a platform for business exchange.

Without more details it is unwise to analyse AIME 09's show statistics. However, my own superficial reading of the success is that the corporate world is looking for more cost effective ways to organise business events - hence the need to meet with M.I.C.E. industry players to perhaps negotiate rates or explore cost effective options. As long as transactions continue to occur and contracts continue to be signed, M.I.C.E. will continue to move ahead......hurrah!

No comments: